Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond contains healthy and innovative recipes and instructions to show you how to brew your own delicious, probiotic beverages in your own kitchen.
• Why to ferment your drinks
• The history of fermentation and the value of traditional foods
• The benefits of fermented drinks to your health
• All the basics: the process, the tools, and how to get started
• Five-minute recipes for lassis, fermented lemonade, and more
• How to use starters to make kombucha, kefir, root beer, wine, and others again and again
• Age-old recipes for kvass, switchel, vinegar, and mead
• Everything you need to know about why the recipes work, why they are safe, what to do if they go wrong, and how to modify them to suit your taste
Raise a glass to good health with Kombucha, Kefir, and Beyond.